Good News !!! There is a new €500 per year PRSI hair grant scheme which is easy to apply which was launched in May. As the Hair Club in Dublin are registered PRSI agents we can organise all your paperwork to ensure your application is completed quickly. Download Form Here...
Below we have a current list of all current grants and benefits available.
- PRSI Wig Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- HSE Medical Card Holders
1. The PRSI Hair Replacement Benefit . Download Form Here...
Firstly as agents we check the system to see if you have enough PRSI contributions to qualify. Also keep in mind if you do not qualify under your own PPS number you can apply under dependents spouse scheme. We then give you a form which your Doctors fills in and signs. The current hair conditions that qualify are Alopecia, Hair Loss (Frontal Fibrosis) or for clients currently undergoing Chemotherapy. Once we have received your Doctors cert, you can book an appointment to use your benefit towards your hair piece or wig which is up to €500 per year. Email email@example.com
2. PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE - ALLOWANCES FOR WIGS
If you have a hair condition, depending on your policy you can claim for the cost of your wig through your private health insurance.
Please phone your private health insurer for details to see are you covered.
- Laya - full cost covered for one wig
- VHI - no excess on wigs from next policy renewal date.
- Irish Life Health - 50% cover, no excess
3. Medical Card
The Hair Club are approved vendors with the HSE which means medical card holders may be entitled to a HSE wig grant if you have a doctors cert specifing their hair loss condition or stating that you are undergoing chemotherapy.
HSE grants vary depending on which county you live in. Below is a list:
- Dublin €635 - €700
- Cork - €450
- Waterford - €440
- Kilkenny - €440
- Wexford - €440
- Carlow - €440
- Tipperary - €500
- Clare - €500
- Wicklow - €650
- Kildare - €767
IN ORDER TO APPLY TO THE HSE:
- You will need a valid medical card.
- A signed letter from your doctor or consultant ( on their official letterhead) outlining you are experiencing hair loss for medical reasons and therefore require a wig.
- A hair quote from us sent to firstname.lastname@example.org we then apply to the HSE on your behalf.
Please note there are no refunds or exchanges on wigs or hair pieces after for in store purchases for hygiene reasons. Refunds are rarely requested as your consultations are very thorough.