The Hair Club are approved vendors with the HSE which means medical card holders may be entitled to a HSE wig grant if they have a hair loss condition or are currently undergoing treatment for cancer. In our video we explain how the application process works.
HSE grants vary depending on which county you live in. Here is a list:
- Dublin €635 - €700
- Cork - €450
- Waterford - €440
- Kilkenny - €440
- Wexford - €440
- Carlow - €440
- Tipperary - €500
- Clare - €500
- Wicklow - €650
- Kildare - €767
IN ORDER TO APPLY TO THE HSE:
- You will need a valid medical card.
- A signed letter from your doctor or consultant ( on their official letterhead) outlining you are experiencing hair loss for medical reasons and therefore require a wig.
- When you have these documents, either bring in to the Hair Club or email email@example.com and we then apply to the HSE on your behalf.
PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE - ALLOWANCES FOR WIGS
If you have a hair condition, depending on your policy you can claim for the cost of your wig through your private health insurance.
Please phone your private health insurer for details to see are you covered.
- Laya - full cost covered for one wig
- VHI - no excess on wigs from next policy renewal date.
- Irish Life Health - 50% cover, no excess
Please note there are no refunds or exchanges on wigs or hair pieces after for in store purchases for hygiene reasons. Refunds are rarely requested as your consultations are very thorough.